top of page

The Difference Between a Heating Engineer and a Plumber

It is important to understand the difference between a heating engineer and a plumber, as there are many tasks related to heating and plumbing that require different skill sets. The two professions may overlap in certain areas, but their roles are distinct and serve different purposes. Knowing the difference between the two can help you make sure that the right person is hired for your particular home improvement needs. We explore each profession below, so you can determine whether you may need a plumber or heating engineer:

What is a Plumber?

Plumbers are trained professionals who specialise in the installation, maintenance and repair of water systems, drainage systems, and other related plumbing fixtures. They also work on sewage treatment plants and other equipment associated with these systems. Plumbers can perform a variety of tasks, including:

  • Installation of pipes for new construction or remodelling projects

  • Testing existing plumbing systems

  • Repairing and replacing fixtures such as faucets, valves and toilets;

  • Inspecting plumbing systems for problems

  • Troubleshooting issues with residential, commercial or industrial water systems.

In some cases, plumbers may even provide emergency services for water-related emergencies.

What is a Heating Engineer?

Heating engineers are professionals who specialise in the installation, maintenance and repair of heating systems. This includes all types of boilers and furnaces, as well as other components such as radiators, thermostats, pipes, flues and ductwork. Heating engineers can also provide advice on energy efficiency measures that may help reduce your energy bills. They can do a variety of tasks, including:

  • Installation of new boilers and other heating systems

  • Inspection and maintenance of existing systems

  • Repairing and replacing components such as pipes, radiators and thermostats;

  • Testing systems to ensure they are operating efficiently

  • Advising on energy efficiency measures.

As you can see, whether you hire a plumber or central heating engineer will depend on the type of work you need done.

Do I Need a Heating Engineer or a Plumber?

It is essential to make sure that you hire the right professional for your home improvement project, as the safety of your family and property are at stake. Heating engineers and plumbers each have their own set of qualifications, responsibilities and expertise, so it is important to understand the difference between the two.

While their roles may overlap in certain areas, a plumber is typically better suited to handle tasks related to water systems, while a heating engineer will be more experienced with heating systems and will be on the GasSafe register. While it is possible for one person to do both jobs, it is not recommended as each profession requires specialist knowledge and skills.

At Corvee Services, we have a team of plumbing & heating specialists to cover all your needs. Our experienced and knowledgeable team of plumbers is dedicated to providing high-quality services that are tailored to your specific needs. Whether you're looking for a heating engineer or plumber Wellingborough, our team is here to help. Contact us today to discuss your requirements and we will provide you with a free quote!


Featured Posts
Check back soon
Once posts are published, you’ll see them here.
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page